Glendeer Pet Farm
Glendeer Pet Farm is based in Curryroe, Drum village, in Athlone, just 13 minutes from our Great National Creggan Court Hotel.
This petting farm consists of 6 acres of land with another 6 acres of a peaceful, nature walk. Experience petting and feeding the animals such as puppies, rabbits, kittens, goats, sheep, emu, donkeys, cows, llama and more. It is a safe environment for children of all ages to be in with these lovely animals.
Some of the facilities include:
- Coffee shop – Light lunches, refreshments and souvenirs
- Guided tours arranged for groups, school tours and birthdays
- Indoor and outdoor picnic area - Visitors are welcome to bring their own picnic.
- Nature walk
- Over 50 species of animals and birds
- Parking – Ample coach and car parking
- Pets corner - Pet and hold the animals such as puppies, rabbits and kittens.
- Playgrounds – Indoor playground includes a sand area with diggers, new indoor Skywalk play area. The outdoor playground includes a toddler’s ‘jungle gym’ (very safe for very young children), large rotating tyre swing, roundabout tyre swing and zip line glider swings.
- Toilet and baby changing facilities
- Wheelchair accessible (excluding the nature walk)
Open everyday until 25th September: Mondays to Saturdays, 11:00am to 6:00pm and Sundays 12:00pm to 6:00pm